Tofu with spicy chilli shrimp paste

05:38



If you have been following my blog, you would know I cooked a large batch of spicy shrimps paste while making the lady's finger dish and freeze the rest of it.




What else besides using it to stir fry with Kang Kong and in sandwiches, my dear friend asked.
I asked what's in her fridge? Tofu, she said.

Let's do the Q & E (quick & easy) tofu with spicy chilli shrimp paste.

By the way, I have been asked to blog about my many Q & E dishes which I felt may be too easy to even talk about it.
Thanks to my lovely friends out there whom I can't say no to, now you can search for it in the recipe index under Q & E, which promise under 15 mins execution

As for the Q & E tofu with spicy chilli shrimps paste, just assemble!


You will need:

1 block of soft tofu
2 tablespoon of spicy shrimp paste
a dash of good quality soy sauce
1 teaspoon of cut spring onion for garnish
fresh red chilli for garnish
Garlic or onion oil (optional)


Method:

1.I have the tofu cold which makes it even easier, but if you are not used to cold tofu, just steam the tofu for about 5 mins.

2. Defrost the frozen shrimp paste and fry it over low heat in a pan or wok till fragrance. I am skipping this and instead of toast it in the toaster for 2-3 mins. (watch that it doesn't burn)

3. Drain off the water in the tofu. Add a dash of soy sauce to the tofu. Place the toasted/fried shrimp paste on the tofu and garnish with cut spring onion and fresh red chilli. Served immediately.


Cook's note:
Pls, check out the recipe for spicy chilli shrimp paste in the recipe index under vegetables - Lady's Fingers with Spicy Chili Shrimp Paste.








You Might Also Like

1 comments

Comments system

Like us on Facebook