Karasumi Pasta

00:31


I love Mentaiko, the pink brined and seasoned pollack or cod roe. I like the spicy version and eat it with steaming rice, porridge or add it to hot pasta.

So when I was presented with the hard, dried version - Karasumi, I stole the idea to add it to pasta as well.

It is a no brainer, I just need to boil the pasta and grates the roe over it.
To make it look "ah-tas" (upmarket), I served it with grilled lemon.

This is a dish for the lazy and a pleaser for its "professional" and "ah-tas" presentation, just what I am and need.


You will need:

1/2 sac of Karasumi
250gm Spaghetti
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 grill lemon for each guest


Method:
1. Boil the spaghetti according to the instruction on the package.

2. Separately, grill the half lemons on heated grill pan till charred.

3. Remove and drained pasta and add in the olive oil.

4.Add the grated Karasumi and toss to distribute evenly, then plate immediately. Top with the grated karasumi and serve immediately with grilled lemon.


Cooks' Note:
You may add in some rocket leaves,




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comments system

Like us on Facebook