Thai Tapioca dessert with Coconut Milk

07:41




I am not a "sweet" person, I can skip desert; by the time I am done with the main dishes, I am usually too full to eat any dessert.

Not so with Thai desserts, I will always have room for Thai desserts; it is simply irresistible!!!

A Thai meal will not be completed without the classic desserts: Mango with sticky rice, Red rubies and Tapioca with coconut cream.
I won't fuss or have a mini meeting to decide which one to order at the restaurant, I will simply order the trio.
I have not been chided for that, for I merely speak my guests' mind.

This Thai Tapioca with coconut milk form part of my Thai theme dinner and is made simple by using the Kara brand coconut cream.


You will need: (serve 4)

700gm Tapioca
300gm Sugar
2 litres water
200ml Coconut milk/cream
half teaspoon of salt
2-3 Pandan leaves, washed, cleaned and knotted

Method:
1. Peel (wear gloves), wash and cut the tapioca into chunks or bite-size.



2. In a pot, add enough water (around a litre) to cover the tapioca pieces. Bring to boil until tapioca is translucent (still a little undone) but firm. Be careful not to overcook as you don't want the mash.

3. Remove tapioca and set aside. Discard the water.

4. Combine sugar, pandan leaves and the remaining water in a pot and heat up till the sugar dissolve, stirring frequently.

5. Lower the fire, add in tapioca and gently cook in the sugar syrup till it becomes fully caramelised and transparent.

6. Remove tapioca and place it in the serving dish.

7. Separately, in a saucepan mix the coconut and salt together and heat gently over low heat. Do not boil. (or like me, skip the heating and just add salt to the coconut milk/cream)

8. Drizzle the coconut cream over the tapioca or serve the coconut cream in a separate accompanying bowl.

9. Serve cold or warm.



"Take away" for friends


Cook's Note:
Best served chill
Remember to add salt to coconut cream, it does make a difference.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comments system

Like us on Facebook