Mint Omelette and cucumber salad

22:40





Yours sincerely is on a diet. Period.

The signs were all there. The pants got tighter, and I couldn't zip up my dress.
I blame it on the makan trips, birthday celebration treats and no exercise.

So here I am, home alone pondering what to eat on this hot scorching hot weather that is easy on the waist.

I found some mint leaf in the fridge that would go perfectly well with the Japanese cucumber for weather such as now.
Just need a sprinkle of sea salt flakes, and I will have a lovely crisp salad.

To use up the balance mint leaf, I made an omelette.
The last thing I want to do in this weather is to spend a long time near the stove.
Omelette is easy (on the waist and time) and will just take a couple of minutes.

Zero guilt as I dive into with this fresh and easy meal.


You will need:
Cucumber salad 
1 Japanese cucumber washed and sliced
some mint leaf
sea salt flakes to taste, sprinkle

Omelette with mint
Mint leaf
1 tablespoon of water
2 eggs
salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil for frying


Method: 
Toss in the mint leaf to 2 eggs, water and add a pinch of salt. Gently beat the eggs.


Heat up the frying pan with oil over medium heat (or butter, until foaming)
Pour in the eggs gently and tilt it so that the mixture covers the entire pan, cook for a few seconds until the bottom of the omelette is lightly set. (about 1-2 minutes)




Fold the set parts of the omelette to the runny centre of the egg. Cook for another minute or when the middle is cooked.



Serve with the refreshing cucumber salad








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comments system

Like us on Facebook