Pumpkin soup

05:01


Many have asked how do I, a passionate cook managed to stay trim and healthy.

Well, I do have "fat" moments, result of "extended" merry feasting and sometimes wilful
indulgence.

It does not help that since I enter sliver years, I found myself suddenly an (unintended) member of the " fat by only breathing " club.

How do I manage then? A vain personality and my watchful fans.

I have "clean" days where I eat clean, pure and nutritious food.
This cheery soup is what I usually have on clean days.

Pumpkin soup is my favourite, but since I have orange sweet potatoes and carrots, I toss them in as well. A couple of red onions are added to provide the subtle sweet note and roasted red capsicum for heat and smokiness.
The robust flavour comes from turmeric which incidentally an immunity booster.

For a silky consistency, swirl in sour cream or yoghurt and served with crusty bread.

You may use chicken stock or simply just season to taste with salt and pepper.

I skip the seasoning cos I am vain and have a reputation (and body) to keep.


You will need:

300gm pumpkin
1 carrot
150-200gm sweet potatoes (orange flesh)
2 red onions
1 red or yellow capsicum
pinch of cumin (optional)
1.5 ltr water (or chicken stock)
half cup sour cream/yoghurt
salt and pepper to taste
basil or spring onion for garnish


Methods:

1. Peeled and cube all the roots vegetables
2. Boil the cubed vegetables in a pot with water. Bring to boil
3. When vegetables are soft, grind/blend them for a smooth consistency
4. Bring back to boil, add in the cream. Season to taste.
5. Serve with crusty bread and a swirl of garlic oil or olive oil or cream, top with basil.
















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comments system

Like us on Facebook